Thursday, February 2, 2012

Madonna on Super Bowl 2012 Halftime Show: 'I want people to be knocked off their seats'

Madonna gathers quite a crowd.
On Thursday, the music icon met with a room packed with media for the first time to address her forthcoming performance at the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show on Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium.
SUPER COVERAGE: Read more stories about the teams, fans, concerts, parties, with photos and video.
“I have to say that over 25 years of performing, I’ve never worked so hard or been so scrupulous or detail-oriented,” she said from the JW Marriott Downtown. “I’m really excited to be here. I feel very welcomed. I’ve been inside the stadium, and the stadium is great. I just keep pinching myself.”
The singer wouldn’t divulge many details regarding her impending show, though she did say she’ll play three old songs and one new one. She was also asked if a wardrobe malfunction was on her conscious.
IndyStar.com reported earlier today Madonna prepped four songs during a five-hour rehearsal Wednesday night at Lucas Oil Stadium, according to sources involved in the production. Madonna worked on renditions of “Vogue,” “Music,” new single “Give Me All Your Luvin’ ” and “Like a Prayer.”
“Great attention to detail, and I can guarantee there won’t be anything like that.”
She added that she was hoping to dedicate Sunday’s performance to her father.
“He’s the personification of Midwestern values,” she said. “This might be the the thing he’s most excited about that I’ve ever done.”
The singer also admitted to a few nerves for Sunday’s big performance.
“I do feel the pressure,” she said. “I want people to be knocked off their seats. I hope the show is a feast for the eyes and a feast for the ears.”

No comments:

Post a Comment